There are 24 Far Cry 5 Silver Bar Locations. Each silver bar you pick up is worth 40 points. Silver bars can be used to buy prestige weapons at general stores.
The majority of them is hidden inside safes and behind locked doors. The easiest way to open those is with the “Locksmith” perk which costs 6 perk points. You can also blow open safes with C4 or by using the repair torch. You can go find these at any point in the game.
Silver Bars are also a microtransaction that can be bought with real money, but there’s no need for this. You can find plenty of them in the open world (24 x 40 points = 960 silver total). Plus you can also buy everything using normal in-game dollars. The silver bars are just a fast way to unlock some high-end gear early. The safes also contain $250 each so you get more money along the way.
They are all found at prominent fast travel points marked on the map, mostly at captured outposts (unlike other fast travel points those have a a blue square-icon with two white arrows on it).
John’s Region (9 Silver Bars)
1. Gardenview Packing Facility: In the big red main building of the packing facility, there’s a white door on the right side (where the gun is aimed in screenshot). Use the Locksmith perk to open it and then pick the lock from the safe in the office. 40 pieces of silver bars are located in the safe.
2. Copperhead Rail Yard: At the eastern end of the rail yard, there’s a train compartment that has fallen on its side. Climb up the boxes (2nd screenshot) then drop through the open door on top of it (3rd screenshot).
3. Green-Busch Fertilizer Co.: On top of the tallest tower, inside the safe (where the gun is aimed in 2nd screenshot). You must climb up some ladders to get to the top platform.
4. Sunrise Farm: Inside the big red “Pumpkin Patch” building, jump up the cage on the left side (where the gun is aimed in 2nd screenshot). From there you can jump over to an opening and find a safe behind some boxes. The safe contains the silver bar collectible.
5. Kellett Cattle Co.: On the ground floor of the green building, across from the arcade machine there’s a white door. Use the Locksmith perk to open the door and you’ll find a safe hidden in the room behind it. 40 Silver bars are in the safe.
6. Fall’s End: Inside the blue “Customer Entrance” building next to the red “Oil Change & Wheel Alignments”. There’s a safe behind a blue tana cola vending machine (ground floor). Inside the safe the silver bars are to be found.
7. Rye & Son’s Aviation: In the kitchen is a locked door. Use Locksmith Perk to open it. Then pick the lock of the safe behind it.
8. Seed Ranch: Go into the building with the arcade machine in it (2nd screenshot). Once inside, climb over the fence via the white crates (3rd screenshot) and drop down on the other side of the fence (4th screenshot). Behind the fence you find a safe with silver bars inside.
9. US Auto: Go through the green door of the big white building (2nd screenshot). This brings you to a tiny office room with a hole in the ceiling. Climb through the hole up the balcony (3rd screenshot). Up there you find a safe that contains silver bars.
Faith’s Region (9 Silver Bars)
10. Drubman Marina: At the south entrance of Drubman Marina there’s a little wooden hut with barricade windows. Shoot or melee-attack the wooden barricade on the window and then climb inside. There on the floor is a silver bar location.
11. Eden’s Convent: Inside the chapel building of Eden’s Convent there’s a little balcony. Under the balcony there’s a hole you can climb up. The safe is then found at the end of the chapel’s balcony.
12. King’s Hot Springs Hotel: On the southern side of the hotel there’s a ladder leading up to the roof. Climb up and jump to pull yourself up the scaffold. There you can walk to the left side over the red roof onto a balcony. Hop on the balcony and find the silver-containing safe in the bedroom.
13. Whistling Beaver Brewery: Inside the brewery on the ground floor. There’s an empty space between the brew containers that you can crouch under. Right behind the containers is a safe location with silver bars inside (see 2nd screenshot).
14. Jessop Conservatory: Outside the main building, on its northern wall, there’s a blue ladder leading up to a barricaded window (wooden planks on the window). Climb the ladder and destroy the barricaded window seen in the 2nd screenshot, then climb in to find silver located on the floor.
15. Nolan’s Fly Shop: in the back of the area behind the bliss-flower field, there’s a small hut with a barricade door (2nd screenshot). Destroy the barricades and inside the hut is a silver bar location on a table.
16. Hope County Jail: inside the jail, in the safe.
17. Lorna’s Truck Stop: Go through the blue door into the building in the 2nd screenshot. In there you find a locked door, use the lockpick perk to open it, then you find a silver bar safe in the office behind the door.
18. Sacred Skies Youth Camp: On the eastern road leading into the Youth Camp, there’s a hut with a barricaded door (where the gun is aimed at 2nd screenshot). Destroy that barricade and inside the hut you’ll find a safe that contains silver bars.
Jacob’s Region (6 Silver Bars)
19. PIN-K0 Radar Station: On the western road leading into this outpost there’s a checkpoint (the white building on screenshot). In that building is a locked door, behind it a safe that contains silver.
20. Whitetail Park Ranger’s Station: In the house closest to the road with the green roof (shown in screenshot below). There’s a safe in that house with silver bars.
21. F.A.N.G. Center: Inside the office building there’s a safe that contains silver bars.
22. Baron Lumber Mill: Inside the first building on the right side, the one with the big American flag and green metal door. Check the safe inside and pick its lock for the silver bars.
23. Wolf’s Den: in a room near the arcade, on a small cupboard.
24. Elk Jaw Lodge: Inside the big lodge building, on the ground floor, is a safe that contains the silver bars.
That’s all of them – all 24 Silver Bars in FC5! Enjoy some cool prestige weapons with your loot.
For all other Far Cry 5 Collectibles, check out our complete Far Cry 5 Wiki.