Final Fantasy 7 (VII) Remake has 9 Dresses (Bridal Candidate Outfits). Tifa, Aerith and Cloud have 3 Dresses each. Unlocking all dresses unlocks the Dressed to the Nines trophy.
The Dresses are semi-missable and depend on the choices you make from Chapter 3 to Chapter 9. Tifa’s Dresses are based on Chapter 3 choices, Aerith’s on Chapter 8, and Cloud’s on Chapter 9. The guide below shows how to get every dress in Final Fantasy VII Remake and then goes through the best method to get them all quickly.
The Dresses will only be worn at the very end of Chapter 9. This happens automatically as part of the story when Tifa, Aerith and Cloud are presented to Don Corneo as potential brides. You must finish Chapter 9 each time to make the Dresses count. This means making the choice for Tifa’s dress in Chapter 3 won’t count as having unlocked the dress, you must still finish Chapter 9 for each of her 3 Dresses.
Per playthrough you can only get 1 dress per person! After the story you unlock Chapter Select which allows you to skip from Chapter 3 to Chapter 9 instantly without the need to play anything in between. When you replay a chapter it updates your choices in all later chapters too (must finish the chapter to save choices). After finishing the story you can also check your progress under Main Menu > System > Play Log.
Tifa Dresses (Chapter 3)
Tifa’s Dresses depend on what you tell her to wear in the Chapter 3 Discovery Event. You only get this Event after completing all Side Quests in Chapter 3. There will be a purple marker on your bedroom. Head there and you can choose between 3 options: Mature, Sporty, Exotic. This determines what she’ll be wearing in Chapter 9 (must still finish Chapter 9 for it to count). Completely ignoring this event will make her wear the Mature dress by default.
- Tifa Dress #1: In Chapter 3 do all Side Quests which triggers a purple Discovery Event on your bedroom. Do the Discovery Event and pick “Mature” Dress Option. Alternatively, do only 1 side quest (doesn’t matter which) to advance the story and don’t do the Discovery Event at all and she’ll wear the Mature dress by default. – Blue Dress
- Tifa Dress #2: In Chapter 3 do all Side Quests which triggers a purple Discovery Event on your bedroom. Do the Discovery Event and pick “Sporty” Dress Option. – Chinese Qipao Black Dress with Leopard pattern
- Tifa Dress #3: In Chapter 3 do all Side Quests which triggers a purple Discovery Event on your bedroom. Do the Discovery Event and pick “Exotic” Dress Option. – Black Japanese Dress with red hairbow
Aerith Dresses (Chapter 8)
Aerith’s Dresses are based on how many side quests you do in Chapter 8. Doing all 6 side quests in Chapter 8 gets you a pretty red dress. Doing 3/6 side quests gets you a pink dress. Doing 0/6 side quests gets you a basic pink dress. Aerith will also make a comment about this in Chapter 8. If you did all Side Quests she’ll tell you “it will pay off later”, by that she’s referring to what dress she’ll wear in Chapter 9.
- Aerith Dress #1: In Chapter 8 do 6/6 side quests – Long Red Dress
- Aerith Dress #2: In Chapter 8 do 3/6 side quests – Pink Dress
- Aerith Dress #3: In Chapter 8 do 0/6 side quests – Basic Pink Dress
Cloud Dresses (Chapter 9)
Cloud’s Dress depends on which set of side quests you do in Chapter 9 or whether you skip all Chapter 9 side quests. Your chapter 9 decisions will impact whether you get the side quests The Party Never Stops & A Dynamite Body or The Price of Thievery & Shears’ Counterattack. They cancel out each other. Meaning you can only get the first 2 or the last 2 per playthrough. The quest Burning Thighs will always be available in Chapter 9, be sure to complete this too. Click the linked side quest names for their exact unlock requirements.
- Cloud Dress #1: In Chapter 9 do Side Quests The Party Never Stops, A Dynamite Body, Burning Thighs – Black/Blue Dress
- Cloud Dress #2: In Chapter 9 do Side Quests The Price of Thievery, Shears’ Counterattack, Burning Thighs – White Dress
- Cloud Dress #3: In Chapter 9 skip all Side Quests (don’t do any side quest in Chapter 9) – Simple Black Dress
Most Effective Way to get All Dresses:
Because you can only get 1 dress with each character per playthrough you will need do some Chapter Replays. After the story you unlock Chapter Selection. You can select Chapter 3, pick your missing Tifa Dress, finish Chapter 3 and exit (make sure you finish the Chapter). Then select Chapter 8, do the required quest for missing Aerith dress. Finish Chapter 8 and do the required quests in Chapter 9 for Cloud’s dress. You can directly skip from Chapter 3 to Chapter 8 (no need to play Chapters 4-7). It will automatically update your choice for all subsequent chapters. Just make sure you actually complete Chapter 3 so the game saves your new choice.
Chapter 3 (Tifa): Do any 1 side quest to advance story, ignore all other quests (will automatically pick Mature)
Chapter 8 (Aerith): Do 0 side quests
Chapter 9 (Cloud): Do 0 side quests
That’s how you unlock all 9 Bridal Dresses in Final Fantasy VII Remake.
For more secrets and collectibles check out the full Final Fantasy VII Remake Wiki & Strategy Guide.