Are you wondering how long is Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 1? Depending on what difficulty you play on and how thoroughly you complete side quests it can vary a lot.
Here are the Final Fantasy VII Game Length Estimates for different difficulties and completion levels:
- 20 Hours on Classic or Easy difficulty when rushing just the story, not doing any side quests, minimal exploration
- 30 Hours on Normal difficulty when rushing just the story, not doing any side quests, minimal exploration
- 30 Hours on Classic or Easy difficulty when doing all Side Quests and exploring thoroughly.
- 40 Hours on Normal difficulty when doing all Side Quests and exploring thoroughly.
- 40 Hours on Hard difficulty when rushing just the story, not doing any side quests, minimal exploration.
- 70-80 Hours for Platinum Trophy (100% Game Completion), assuming you do a thorough Classic or Easy difficulty playthrough first and then a minimalistic Hard difficulty playthrough.
On average: The first playthrough will take most players between 20 – 40 Hours.
The game consists of 18 Main Chapters with Chapter 9 and 17 being the longest. There are also 26 Side Missions that add a few hours of gameplay. It’s worth noting that Hard difficulty is only unlocked after beating the game on any difficulty. It’s not available from the start. You get to keep all your gear into New Game Plus on Hard difficulty. In order to reach 100% game completion you have to play through the game a second time on Hard as there are new bosses, skills, items, and trophies exclusive to Hard Difficulty.
You might also like to know that after the story you unlock Chapter Select, so if you missed an item or a quest you can go back to do it while keeping all your gear.
How long did it take you to finish Final Fantasy VII Remake’s story? Leave your times in the comments below.
For more FF VII Remake info, check out our full Final Fantasy VII Remake Wiki & Strategy Guide.