Are you wondering how long is Assassin’s Creed Valhalla? Depending on chosen difficulty and playstyle it can vary quite a lot.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla story took me 41 hours to beat.
I was doing a bare minimum run on easy difficulty focusing only on story. I didn’t let all dialogues play out (read them faster than the NPC was talking and skipped ahead). I didn’t do any side activities. This is a speedrun estimate and about as fast as you can finish the game. However, that time includes over 5 hours of uncovering all viewpoints across the map. I finished at level 180, being a whopping 160 levels below the last area’s level 340 requirement. It was still very doable on easy difficulty despite the level difference. So around 40 hours is really the absolute minimum to finish the story on the first run. This playstyle is not how most players will go through the game so here are some more realistic estimates depending on your playstyle.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Story Length Estimates:
- 40 Hours Speedrun on Easy Difficulty, skipping all Dialogue & Cutscenes, ignoring all side activities
- 60-90 Hours on Normal Difficulty, listening to all dialogue, moderate exploration (40% completion). This is how most players will enjoy the game and what will be applicable to most.
- 100 Hours+ on Hard Difficulty, listening to all dialogue, 70%+ completion. This is what a thorough run will look like.
Time to uncover full map (all viewpoints):
- It takes around 5 hours to fully unfog the map in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. You can speed it up by upgrading the stamina of your horse at the stables of your settlement first.
100% Completion / Platinum Trophy / 1000 Gamerscore:
- To get 100% Completion in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla it takes over 120 Hours. A minimum of 40 hours for story, at least 70-80 hours for all Collectibles and World Events, and another 10 Hours for miscellaneous trophies / achievements (such as winning against all Orlog players, catching all Fish). This estimate is for easy difficulty and it will take longer on higher difficulties.
The story basically consists of pledging to 16 territories in England and making them your friends. Each region’s questline takes around 2-3 hours. There’s also a few more hours of gameplay in Norway where the game starts. The 782 Collectibles and side activities take up more time overall than the main story.
How long did it take you to finish the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla story? Leave your times in the comments below.
For more AC Valhalla info, check out our full Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Wiki & Strategy Guide.