A Hot-blooded Howl contains 5 Kodama Locations in Nioh 2. This walkthrough will guide you to all Kodama in A Hot-blooded Howl mission in chronological order. Nothing is missable, everything can be collected after the story via mission select.
Every 5 Kodama you find gives you an extra Elixir for that region. Finding all 150 Kodama unlocks the Kodama Leader trophy.
- When you come from the starting point, check behind the right side of the big temple. There will be some enemies there. Behind a stone lantern sits the Kodama.
- When you come from the starting point, check behind the stairs on the left side of the big temple, where an archer is standing.
- After the 2nd Shrine you will go to an underground area and meet a spear-wielding friendly NPC that will join your team. In the next room is a Waira (big enemy that crawls on floor and attacks with claws). There are 2 paths, left and straight ahead. Go straight ahead, then take the next left turn. You’ll be in a corridor with two Dweller enemies (ghoulish looking humanoids). In this corridor on the left side is also a hidden wall. Walk close to the wall and you can see its red eyes glowing up. You can make it go away by making the correct color of gesture (blue, yellow, or red). It doesn’t matter what gesture exactly, just the color matters. You have two tries (two different colored gestures). If the 2nd one is the wrong guess the wall will turn hostile and you must defeat it, or you can walk back to the shrine to reset it and try again. Behind the wall is the Kodama location.
- From the last Kodama location behind the hidden wall, walk to the other end of the corridor where a fire arrow trap is. The Kodama is sitting next to that trap (before you go back into the room with big Waira enemy).
- The last Kodama collectible is found on the right side of the big red door that leads to the mission “boss”.
That’s all Kodamas in A Hot-blooded Howl. For all other missions, check out the complete Nioh 2 All Kodama Locations Guide.