The Beast Born of Smoke and Flames contains 7 Kodama Locations in Nioh 2. This walkthrough will guide you to all Kodama in The Beast Born of Smoke and Flames mission in chronological order. Nothing is missable, everything can be collected after the story via mission select.
Every 5 Kodama you find gives you an extra Elixir for that region. Finding all 150 Kodama unlocks the Kodama Leader trophy.
- Near the start of the mission, you come to an alley between some houses with 3 enemies patrolling the streets and an archer overlooking the area from the a cliff above. Behind the building on the right is the first Kodama, if you listen for his trumpet-sound it will be easier to locate. Just before the archer.
- From the last Kodama go up the hill and step onto the rooftops. The Kodama is on the roof.
- After defeating the first Yokai Realm enemy (“Ippon-Datara”) you will drop down some ladders into a cave. The Kodama is found in the cave behind some crates, where a Gaki attacks you from.
- In the first corrupted Yokai Realm area, there’s a ladder in a building leading down to the mines. At the bottom of the ladder is the Kodama.
- A short while after passing through the corrupted Yokai Realm, where you can kick down the ladder to the previous Shrine, look at the end of the path on the left.
- Inside the burning building you will get to a point with an Enki (big Yokai enemy with a spear/staff). On the right side behind the Enki you can drop down a ladder and find this Kodama on the rooftops outside.
- At the very top of the burning building, where you can kick down some barrel filled with water, and where a big Gaki spawns from a Yokai Realm cloud.
That’s all Kodamas in The Beast Born of Smoke and Flames. For all other missions, check out the complete Nioh 2 All Kodama Locations Guide.