A Way Out contains 7 Kodama Locations in Nioh 2. This walkthrough will guide you to all Kodama in A Way Out mission in chronological order. Nothing is missable, everything can be collected after the story via mission select.
Every 5 Kodama you find gives you an extra Elixir for that region. Finding all 150 Kodama unlocks the Kodama Leader trophy.
- In the first area with enemies is an archer on the left side. Go to where the archer is and step on the rooftop behind him. Drop down the rooftop to find the first Kodama location.
- The 2nd Kodama collectible is in the woods section with the searchlight, behind a tree where a big armored skeleton swings at you with an axe.
- After the searchlight area where the last Kodama was there will be two paths (after coming past a ladder you can kick down to make a shortcut). You’ll want to take the path to the right where some Samurai are, which leads to a dead-end. The Kodama is hiding in a pot next to a building where an enemy blowing a horn is inside of. If you get to a bridge with a 3-headed big creature you went the wrong path and must backtrack.
- After the 2nd Shrine a red-colored grave enemy will attack you. Get past him, then there will be a skeleton archer and a skeleton cannon shooter. On this path you can walk up a tree branch and drop down to a tree stump below. On there you find the Kodama. This is just before the 2nd searchlight area.
- A Kodama is located inside the 2nd searchlight area, on the edge of the area.
- Shortly after the 2nd searchlight area, instead of going down into the cave, take the other route to the wooden bridge with a red railing (A Tengu / Bird enemy is standing on the bridge too). The Kodama will be sitting under a staircase of a Japanese temple building, at this bridge. If you have reached a cave area where the 3rd Shrine is, you have gone too far and need to exit the cave to take the other route until you see the Tengu bird on the bridge.
- Just after the 3rd Shrine in the underground area, you will come to a Dark Realm (corrupted Yokai area). The Kodama is found there. It is sitting in a jar behind the last building on the right.
That’s all Kodamas in A Way Out. For all other missions, check out the complete Nioh 2 All Kodama Locations Guide.