The Mysterious One Night Castle contains 7 Kodama Locations in Nioh 2. This walkthrough will guide you to all Kodama in The Mysterious One Night Castle mission in chronological order. Nothing is missable, everything can be collected after the story via mission select.
Every 5 Kodama you find gives you an extra Elixir for that region. Finding all 150 Kodama unlocks the Kodama Leader trophy.
- In the forest area after the starting shrine, in the Dark Realm area where you fight a Waira enemy (fat monster with big head that crawls across floor and attacks with claws). After clearing the Dark Realm, the Kodama will be sitting in the grass where the Waira spawned. It’s very hard to see in the grass, turn up the volume and listen for the Kodama sound.
- From the second Shrine follow the path on the right. You will encounter an Enki and then a group of Samurai in the street. Enter the next big building and go up the 2 sets of stairs. This will lead you to the balcony of the building. Instead of going towards the enemies that shoot from afar, you’ll want to go around the back of the balcony and find a scaffolding. At the very end of the scaffolding are some wooden crates – the Kodama hides inside them! Just destroy them to pick up the Kodama.
- After closing the second Floodgate (the one that opens the bridge next to 2nd Shrine), follow the path uphill in the village until you reach a Dark Realm with an Enki in it. In the big building behind the Dark Realm you can find a Kodama sitting on the ground floor next to a ladder leading down. No need to clear the Dark Realm to get it.
- In the same building as the previous Kodama location, head upstairs and out onto the balcony. There are parts of the balcony where the railing is broken off, allowing you to drop down to the rooftop below it. On the rooftop below is this very well-hidden Kodama collectible. Do note there are two places where you can drop down from the balcony, you will want to drop down the one that’s opposite of where you enter the balcony.
- Inside the Dark Realm area (corrupted Yokai area). You must defeat a Karasu Tengu (bird enemy with staff in hand) to clear the corruption. Then you can find the Kodama sitting behind one of the treasure chests in the area, only after ridding the area of the Dark Realm.
- In the forest area where you must close the 3rd and 4th flood gate. It’s on the same platform where an Aberrant Soldier (enemy with rocket arm) is standing on. You must first close the 3rd flood gate to drain the water in the valley, which also opens up the 3rd shrine. From 3rd shrine take the path through the now dry valley up the hill and you will be able to drop down to the rocket arm enemy and the Kodama.
- In almost the same place as the previous one. Backtrack to where you dropped down to the 6th Kodama. Now instead of dropping down on the platform where the rocket arm enemy was, go just a little bit further up the hill and drop down on the right where a Gaki climbs up the edge. You will fall onto a stone gate, where the last Kodama collectible is hiding.
That’s all Kodamas in The Mysterious One Night Castle. For all other missions, check out the complete Nioh 2 All Kodama Locations Guide.