The Hollow Fortress contains 6 Kodama Locations in Nioh 2. This walkthrough will guide you to all Kodama in The Hollow Fortress mission in chronological order. Nothing is missable, everything can be collected after the story via mission select.
Every 5 Kodama you find gives you an extra Elixir for that region. Finding all 150 Kodama unlocks the Kodama Leader trophy.
- Right after climbing the very first ladder, there will be another ladder on the left (mine section with some wooden scaffoldings where enemies are mining the yellow crystals). Climb up that ladder and on top, behind some sand sacks, is our first Kodama collectible location.
- After you use the elevator to get upstairs in the mine, the second Kodama can be found on a platform below. You can see it from afar (even during the elevator ride). Must drop down to it from above.
- From the 2nd Shrine climb up the ladder right next to it, the Kodama will be sitting on the snowy cliff there (above the path where a Cyclops rolls down a big snowball).
- From the 2nd Shrine, climb up the ladder right next to it, then follow the path up the right-side path (narrow path with yellow crystals on it). There will also be a snow cyclops walking there. Climb up the ladder behind the snow cyclops and walk to the end of the balcony. There you will find the Kodama location.
- From 4th Kodama, drop down the balcony and follow up the snowy stairs until you get to a temple with yet another snow cyclops and one of those rocket-arm enemies. Before going in the temple (which has a Dark Realm inside), take a right turn and the Kodama will sit on a cliff below. Turn up the volume to listen to the sound it is emitting. In the screenshot you can see the temple entrance/cyclops on the left to give you a better idea of the direction.
- From the platform with the 5th Kodama, drop down below and there will be a Yokai Realm in the temple to the left. Defeat the Yokai and behind it is a treasure chest. Open it to get the Castle Gate Key. Then run back up and where you dropped down to the 5th Kodama and find the Gate there (it’s to the right side of the main temple entrance where the cyclops is roaming around). Open the Gate with the key and follow the path. It leads to a secret side entrance of the temple, and the Kodama is sitting behind a statue on the ground floor. You cannot reach it through the main entrance, it’s only obtainable via this optional Castle Gate path.
That’s all Kodamas in The Hollow Fortress. For all other missions, check out the complete Nioh 2 All Kodama Locations Guide.