Out of Your League is a Side Mission (Side Quest) in Dying Light 2. This walkthrough will guide you through all objectives of the Out of Your League side mission.
Quest Giver: Nerys
Requirement: Assign the Horseshoe Water Tower and complete Side Quest “True Friends”
Reward: Varies, see end section for details
Mission Info: Nerys’s son, Scott, has mysteriously disappeared. The woman asked me to find him.
- Talk to Ruud
- Find Scott
- Ask the guard at the gate (optional)
- Go to Crocodile Flats
- Follow Scott’s trail
- Find a way inside the building where Scott’s trail ends
- Kill the hired thugs
- Talk to Scott
- Find the necklace for Scott in Crocodile Flats OR Talk to the girl and her father
- Bring the necklace back to Scott OR Talk to Nerys
Starting Location: Out of Your League
Out of Your League is a side quest in Trinity that can be started by talking to Nerys at the Bazaar after assigning the Horseshoe Water Tower to either faction. You will also need to have completed Side Quest “True Friends” before this becomes available. This quest will disappear after Main Quest “Revolution / Into the Dark“.
Talk to Ruud
Talk to Ruud in the Bazaar.
Ask the guard at the gate (optional)
On the way out of the Bazaar, speak to the guard at the gate for information.
Go to Crocodile Flats
Head to Crocodile Flats at the marked location in Houndfield. Use Survivor Sense and investigate the two lockpicks at the door.
Follow Scott’s trail
Follow the trail, investigating along the way, until you arrive at a building. There will be eight investigation points along the way and you must investigate them all to continue.
Find a way inside the building where Scott’s trail ends
Head around the corner and climb the platforms to get inside.
Once inside the building, you can find For Alice #1 (Tape) on a desk.
Interact with the door.
Kill the hired thugs
Once inside, kill the two thugs.
Talk to Scott
Talk to Scott. During the conversation there will be a choice that affects the outcome of the quest:
- It’s not worth it. Ruud set you up: Return to the Bazaar
- I’ll go there and get it for you: Find the necklace
Find the necklace for Scott in Crocodile Flats
If you said you would go find the necklace, head to the marked location at Crocodile Flats.
Head inside and deal with the infected. Crawl through the vents into the elevator shaft and climb up to the next floor.
Break through the barriers and open the elevator to climb up further.
Once at the top floor, break through a barrier to find the necklace on a corpse. While here there is also a safe in the room prior. The code for the safe is: 11 11 19, indicated by the photo next to the corpse. The safe will contain 700 Old World Money.
Bring the necklace back to Scott
With the necklace in hand, return to Scott at the Bazaar.
Your choice here will impact the reward:
- Tell Loes that her father set Scott up: Move onto second choice
- Give necklace to Scott pretending he got it: 2250 Combat XP, 750 Agility XP, 550 Old World Money
If you chose the first option, you’ll get two more choices:
- Use necklace to convince Nerys: 2250 Combat XP, 750 Agility XP, Old World Whiskey, 550 Old World Money
- Stay out of it: 2250 Combat XP, 750 Agility XP, Necklace, 550 Old World Money
Talk to the girl and her father
If you said it’s not worth it Scott, you can still go grab the necklace at Crocodile Flats if you desire. It won’t be marked on your map however, so follow the above step if you choose to do so.
Either way, head back to the Bazaar and speak to Loes and Ruud when ready.
Talk to Nerys
Return to Nerys and speak to her. If you opted to go get the necklace, you will get two choices that impact your reward:
- Not my place to interfere: 2250 Combat XP, 750 Agility XP, 550 Old World Money
- Maybe this necklace can help: 2250 Combat XP, 750 Agility XP, Old World Whiskey, 550 Old World Money
This finishes Out of Your League Side Quest in Dying Light 2 Stay Human.
For all other Side Quests and Main Missions, check out the complete Dying Light 2 Walkthrough.