Dying Light 2 has 470 Collectibles needed for 100% Completion (117 Memento Notes, 63 Tape Recordings, 70 Graffiti Murals, 126 Inhibitors, 7 Facilities, 9 Metro Stations, 17 Windmills, 4 Bandit Camps, 12 GRE Anomalies, 6 GRE Quarantine Buildings, 26 Airdrops, 10 Nightrunner Trials, 3 Sparker Love Interests). Finding all Collectibles is required for 16 trophies and achievements:
- Archivist – Find all Collectible Notes.
- Audiophile – Find all Collectible Recordings.
- Street Art Aficionado – Discover all Graffiti Tag Collectibles.
- Municipal Services – Assign all Facilities.
- Tunnel Entrance – Activate your first Metro Station.
- Tube Map – Activate all Metro Stations.
- Sancho Panza – Activate your first Windmill.
- Don Quixote – Activate all Windmills.
- Can’t You Read the Signs? – Collect all Inhibitors hidden in GRE Quarantines (Quarantine Buildings).
- It Wasn’t That Hard, Was It? – Defeat your first GRE Anomaly.
- Revenants – Defeat all GRE Anomalies.
- Flag Burning – Clear your first Bandit Camp.
- Ban Hammer – Clear all Bandit Camps.
- Find Anything Interesting? – Open all Airdrops.
- True Nightrunner – Complete all Nightrunner Trials.
- Man On a Mission – Meet all your Sparker love interests.
Missables Warning: 1 Memento in the Prologue is highly missable! There is no way to go back to the Prologue area and it cannot be replayed in Co-Op either. Aside from this 1 item you can get everything else via Co-Op by joining someone else’s session if you missed anything. Make sure you get this missable Prologue Memento or else it will lock you out of the “Archivist” trophy:
It is highly recommended to frequently use Survival Sense to mark nearby collectibles with a golden dot. Especially when the story or side quests require you to enter buildings or tunnels, always scan for collectibles. Some areas are hard to get back to later. There are also Side Quest exclusive Collectibles, see the Collectible Roadmap below for the semi-missable Side Quests (can still replay them in Co-Op if missed). There is no New Game+ which means you need all Collectibles on a single save file.
For Inhibitors, you’ll want to save up 81 of them. They are needed to max out Health and Stamina, each gives a trophy. There are not enough Inhibitors in the game to max out both stats. You need 81 Inhibitors to max out each (=162 for both), but the game contains only 126 Inhibitors. As a workaround, save up 81 Inhibitors, don’t spend them. They are basically the upgrade points found in special Inhibitor Chests. Once you have 81, make a save game backup, max out one stat to pop the trophy, copy back your save, pop the other trophy. This way you can get both done in 1 playthrough. Alternatively, you can do 2 playthroughs but this would add another 20-25 hours playtime for one trophy.
Collectible Roadmap (All Missables)
The following Collectible is the only “true” missable, if you forget to pick it up you must start a new game and recollect everything again from scratch.
- PROLOGUE: Memento #1: Newspaper Article – October 11th, 2020 – only available during Prologue, can’t revisit this area and can’t replay it in co-op
If you miss these, they become inaccessible in your game, but can still grab them in someone else’s Co-Op session by using “Find Game” Co-Op Search. Everything else can still be found after the story or in free-roam.
- BEFORE MAIN QUEST 9: REVOLUTION / INTO THE DARK: Memento #9: GRE report – Quartermaster Pike #1 + Memento #10: GRE report – Quartermaster Pike #2 + Memento #11: GRE report – Quartermaster Pike #3 – Side Quest: The Ball is in Your Court, this quest becomes inaccessible after Main Quest 9: Revolution / Into the Dark
- BEFORE MAIN QUEST 9: REVOLUTION / INTO THE DARK: Make sure you talk to the first Carrier at Quarry’s End, this is a requirement to trigger the Carriers Questline that contains Tape #28 – The City Classifieds – The Cable Guy & Memento #12: The Carriers Guild Assault. The first carrier becomes inaccessible after Main Quest 9: Revolution / Into the Dark which would lock you out of the entire questline. See Starting Location: Carriers.
- AFTER MAIN QUEST 11: A PLACE TO CALL HOME: Memento #75: Avery’s Map – the side quest “To Kill or Not To Kill” is there right away for some players, but for others it only spawns after the story or never spawns at all (potentially a bug). Check for it after every main quest. If it never spawns in your game, use the ‘Find Game’ Co-Op Search to join someone who has it.
- DURING MAIN QUEST 16: BROADCAST: Memento #57: Chris’s Dog Tag – only accessible during Main Quest 16: Broadcast
- DURING MAIN QUEST 21: NOW OR NEVER: Tape #61: Waltz’s Chamber Recording #1, Tape #62: Waltz’s Chamber Recording #2, Tape #63: Waltz’s Chamber Recording #3 – only accessible during Main Quest 21: Now or Never
- BEFORE MAIN QUEST 22: X13: Tape #46 – Journal of a Nightrunner #6 becomes inaccessible after Main Quest 22: X13
Points of Interest Collectibles
The Points of Interest can still be done after the story in free-roam. None of these are missable. They are marked on the map by “(?)” question mark icons.
- 7 Facilities (Water Towers & Electrical Stations) – remember to assign them to the same faction for Boot Licker
- 9 Metro Stations
- 17 Windmills
- 4 Bandit Camps
- 12 GRE Anomalies
- 6 GRE Quarantine Buildings (24 Hidden Inhibitors)
- 26 Airdrops
- 10 Nightrunner Trials – bronze score is enough for trophies
The Memento Collectibles from Prologue are missable (see note above). Everything else you should be able to still get via Co-Op.
- 117 Collectible Notes (Mementos)
- 63 Collectible Recordings (Tapes)
- 70 Graffiti Tag Collectibles (Murals)
- 126 Inhibitors (only 81 needed for maxing out Stamina or Health if you make a save backup beforehand, max out one stat, copy back save, max out other stat)
- 3 Sparker Love Interests
That’s all the Collectibles you can find in Dying Light 2 Stay Human.
- Dying Light 2 Main Quests Walkthrough – All Main Quests
- Dying Light 2 Side Quests Walkthrough – All Side Quests
- Dying Light 2 Wiki & Strategy Guide.