Silk in Ghost of Tsushima is for high-level armor upgrades. It’s one of the rarest materials in the game that is mainly obtained as side quest rewards. Visit any armorer to upgrade your gear (the last few upgrades will require some Silk on each armor set, spend it wisely).
Here’s How to Get Silk:
- Silk is a fixed Side Tale reward for specific Side Tales. When you scroll over a quest icon on the map you can see what reward it will give. Side Tales either give you Linen, Leather, or Silk as rewards. You always get one of those. You get Silk from the following Side Tales:
- A Mother’s Peace (A Masako Tale)
- The Sensei and the Student (Ishikawa Tale 2 of 9)
- The Past Never Passes (Ishikawa Tale 3 of 9)
- Dreams of Conquest (Ishikawa Tale 5 of 9)
- The Ghost and the Demon Sensei (Ishikawa Tale 6 of 9)
- The Terror of Otsuna (Ishikawa Tale 7 of 9)
- The Headman (Masako Tale 2 of 9)
- The Husband (Masako Tale 3 of 9)
- The Family Man (Masako Tale 6 of 9)
- The Thief (Masako Tale 7 of 9)
- The Tale of Yuna (Yuna Tale 1 of 4)
- Silent Death (Yuna Tale 2 of 4)
- The Black Wolf (Yuna Tale 3 of 4)
- Message in Blood (Yuna Tale 4 of 4)
- The Last Warrior Monk (Norio Tale 1 of 9)
- Three Actions, Three Illusions (Norio Tale 2 of 9)
- The Cause of Suffering (Norio Tale 6 of 9)
- The Guardian of Tsushima (Norio Tale 8 of 9)
- Can be bought from Trappers in exchange for Supplies (for example, the one at Jogaku Temple in 3rd region).
More Crafting Materials / Resources:
For more guides, check out the complete Ghost of Tsushima Wiki & Strategy Guide.