This guide will show you the fastest Red Dead Redemption 2 Online XP Exploit Glitch that is known so far. This trick will earn you 7,000 XP per hour in the online mode of RDR2. That’s 3 times faster than playing PVP matches! You still have to put in some work yourself but you only need to fight AI enemies in an online story mission so no real skill is required. Credit to PSN-User Waraneasy for having found this method.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Online XP Exploit Glitch: Step-by-Step Instructions
This method will earn you around 7,000XP per hour for each player!
- Make a 2-player posse with a friend. This exploit requires 2 players!
- Posse Leader must initiate replay of the final online story mission “Kill Them, Each and Every One” (Pause Menu > Progress > Story > Select Mission > hold / to Replay).
Note: The Posse Leader must have beaten this mission for replay to be available. The joining player only needs to have beaten the online tutorial.
- Click / for MATCHMAKING > immediately when in the lobby hold / to QUIT > Confirm with / to EXIT WITH POSSE.
Note: It will now put both players back in the open world. This step makes it so the mission start will be marked via a yellow circle on the map near your spawn!
- Both players must enter the mission start (yellow circle) simultaneously. Easiest way is to have both players sit on the same horse to guarantee you’ll enter the mission at the same time.
- Posse leader must click / to START MISSION.
Note: If done correctly, it should skip the matchmaking and put you instantly in the mission. Skip the cutscenes to save time.
- Follow the mission objectives until you reach Fort Mercer where enemies spawn (after a cutscene where you put on helmets).
- Here the actual XP Exploit starts. When reaching Fort Mercer (after cutscene) you get 50 “Split Point” Ammo for the Carbine Repeater (this is automatic and for free, no matter your level). Open weapon wheel / , hover over the Carbine Repeater and press to select Split Point Ammo!
Note: The “Split Point” Ammo gives you +6 XP per kill and you get it for free in this mission.
- Now kill the enemies with Carbine Repeater Executions. Run up to them and press / . You should get 34XP per kill! (6XP Kill + 6XP Special Ammo + 11XP Execution + 11XP Eyes Wide Shut). So while normally you only get meager 6XP per kill you now earn 34XP per kill (+566% increase)!
Note: take out the first few enemies behind the machine guns with headshots. Then you can rush in and kill everyone with executions at close range. In this mission you wear heavy armor that greatly reduces incoming damage.
- Let the last enemy kill you (lose both lives). Then both players must press / RETRY CHECKPOINT. This will make all enemies respawn instantly so you can keep farming execution kills.
- Repeat steps 7-9. On each retry you get 50 free Special Ammo. Remember you must equip it again! Kill everyone with executions, let last enemy kill you, reload checkpoint, repeat!
Each player should receive close to 600XP per run (5 minutes). That’s roughly 120XP per Minute or 7200XP per Hour (for each player).
In order to reach Rank 50 for the “Notorious” trophy & achievement you will need 175,300 XP so this will take roughly 25 hours to grind out. It’s still a long grind but 3-4 times faster than playing PVP matches and you don’t need any skill to do this. In comparison, playing PVP would take around 80 hours to reach Rank 50 (depending on skill). You can also switch up routes so your XP farming doesn’t get too boring. Good luck! 🙂
For more RDR2 guides check out our complete Red Dead Redemption 2 Strategy Guide & Wiki.