The Gilded Cage is the 49th main story mission in Red Dead Redemption 2 (RDR2). This walkthrough will guide you through all objectives of The Gilded Cage Main Quest including all Gold Medals for 100% completion.
The Gilded Cage is unlocked after completing Angelo Bronte, A Man of Honor.
Quest Giver: Hosea
Gold Medal Requirements:
- While at the party, pour some drinks, compliment a guest’s attire, accept a gift and save a life
- Follow the servant without being detected
Starting Location: Shady Belle, Lemoyne
Talk to Hosea
Dutch and Hosea have big plans for Angelo Bronte’s garden party at the mayor’s house. It sounds like it’s going to be a memorable occasion. After a cutscene you find yourself dressed up, in a coach to the party.
You will be without weapons of course, so this mission will be entirely stealth and social interactions.
Follow the butler Luca through the mansion. Bill and Hosea will split off to join the party while Arthur and Dutch head upstairs to speak with Bronte.
After greeting you, Bronte will point out several of the important personalities at the party then give you leave. Dutch and Arthur join up with Bill and Hosea, and you all split up to mingle at the party.
Mingle at the Party
Take note of the location of the mayor by the fountain. Avoid this location until you have the first gold medal requirement.
- GOLD MEDAL: While at the party, pour some drinks, compliment a guest’s attire, accept a gift and save a life
You’ll find the locations as follows:
- Pour some drinks: As you come down the stairs, just north of you will be three women standing near a table full of champagne. Walk up and offer to fill their glasses.
- Compliment a Guest’s Attire: Standing in front of the quartet will be a woman with a tall feathered headpiece. Compliment her on it.
- Accept a Gift: North of the woman with the feathered headpiece and south of the mayor, you’ll see two men talking about the cabaret on the east side of the walkway. Accept tickets from him.
- Save a Life: On the west side of the party, you’ll see a man in a top hat and monocle start to choke right next to the buffet table. Help him to save his life.
Once you’ve gotten the first gold medal requirement, go and talk to the mayor. You’ll find him embroiled in a conversation with a belligerant drunk who you will have to escort away from the mayor.
Take him north to the yellow objective area, then return to the mayor’s conversation. Shortly thereafter the fireworks show will begin, and the mayor will get a message from none other than Leviticus Cornwall!
Follow the Servant and Remain Undetected
- GOLD MEDAL: Follow the servant without being detected
Follow the servant through the crowd, maintaining a discrete distance.
When you reach the bottom of the garden stairs, wait for the servant to go inside and the guard to go to the south, then follow the servant.
Wait at the door for another conversation to finish.
Once the two servants part ways, go inside and wait behind the wall.
When the servant goes into the next room, go through the door to the north and wait by the door while they talk. Wait for the maid to go through the door to the west, and the servant to head for the stairs. Quietly follow him.
Go into cover at the top of the stairs and wait for the servant to unlock the room ahead.
You will see him put the message in a drawer and lock it.
Wait until the servant goes into the next room to the south, then go into the room and inspect the ledger.
Turn around and go back out the way you came, returning to Dutch on the balcony overlooking the party.
Bill and Hosea will show up a moment later, and will proceed to exit the party. Follow the crew out to the coach, watch the final cinematic and the mission will be complete.
This finishes The Gilded Cage main mission in Red Dead Redemption 2. Now the next quest No, No and Thrice, No starts.
Next Up: No, No and Thrice, No
For more Walkthroughs with all gold medals, check out the complete Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Walkthrough.