Happy Together is a Side Job in Cyberpunk 2077 (CP77). This walkthrough will guide you through all steps of the Happy Together Side Quest.
Area: Watson (Little China)
Quest Giver: Automatically triggered after “Playing for Time”
Requirement: Complete “Playing for Time”
Reward: €$1020, 182XP, 410 Street Cred
Mission Info: Seems like the PD’s taken an interest in a neighbor of yours. Even sounded like they knew each other. Will you assume the mantle of a concerned, responsible citizen and ask what’s going on? I mean, if you got a potential psycho for a neighbor, wouldn’t you want to know?
Important: This quest can be failed if you make the wrong choices. Follow the dialogues and objectives described here exactly to save Barry, find Andrew’s Niche and get a positive outcome to finish the quest successfully.
- Talk to the cops
- Talk to Barry
- Try talking to Barry in a few hours
- Try talking to Barry
- (Optional) Find Andrew’s niche before talking to the cops
- (Optional) Talk to Johnny
- Talk to the cops
- Check on Barry
Starting Location: Happy Together
Happy Together Side Job starts in Watson (Little China).
Talk to the cops
Just one floor below V’s apartment you can find some cops at the mission marker. Talk to them. What you say to them doesn’t matter, the quest will advance the same either way.
- “What’s going on?” > same outcome
- “Someone lost their mind again?” > same outcome
- “Is there anything I can do?” > same outcome
- “Shouldn’t be talking to cops” > same outcome
- “Sure thing” > same outcome
- “We’ll see” > same outcome
Talk to Barry
Now knock on Barry’s door, just next to where the cops are standing. Barry won’t open yet, no while the cops are still in front of his door.
Try talking to Barry in a few hours
To advance the quest, open the Menu and click “Skip Time” in the bottom left. Skip Time by 24 hours, then the cops will be gone and you can interact with Barry’s Door again. Now he’ll open up.
Try talking to Barry
This is where your dialogue choices start becoming important. If you pick the wrong choices here you can fail the quest!
In addition to making the correct choices, you must also exhaust all of the optional (blue) dialogue with Barry to open up a secret objective path. This is the only way to not fail this job.
Follow these choices exactly for a positive outcome to successfully finish the Happy Together Job:
- “I just wanna talk”
- “Your friends asked me to drop by” (very important, if you say the wrong thing he’ll send you away)
- Go after Barry to his couch, then “[Sit] I lost someone too”
- “NCPD hasn’t improved, has it?” –> Pick this optional dialogue before advancing
- “What about your friends on the force?”
- “How’d Andrew died?” –> IMPORTANT: Pick this Optional Dialogue, needed for a positive outcome
- “So Andrew was like a grandpa to you?” –> IMPORTANT: Pick this Optional Dialogue, needed for a positive outcome
- “People die. You move on.” –> IMPORTANT: Must pick this choice to get optional objective to find Andrew’s niche, which you need for a positive outcome (before this choice was just called “We have to forget the dead” but by going through Barry’s optional dialogue it changed this option and you can open his secret quest path. It’s the only way to not fail the quest)
(Optional) Find Andrew’s niche before talking to the cops
If you followed the above dialogue exactly, you will get the objective “Find Andrew’s niche before talking to the cops (Optional)“.
Doing this objective is required to save Barry and to not fail the Happy Together quest.
You must head to the Columbarium Fast Travel point in Westbrook, North Oak. If you already have that Dataterm unlocked you can fast travel straight away, otherwise drive to it.
It will give you a search area for Andrew’s niche but it’s quite hidden and not obvious at first sight.
How to find Andrew’s niche location in Happy Together:
Enter the search area at the North Oak Columbarium. One of the big stone tablets (eastern edge of search area) will have a blue glowing inscription: “In loving memory of my best friend ANDREW”. Zoom in one that blue glowing inscription (L2/LT) and a secret dialogue will come up. Pick “Shit, Barry needs help”.
Below are images of Andrew Niche circled in yellow. See the minimap in the top right corner for reference
(Optional) Talk to Johnny
After finding Andrew’s Niche and picking the dialogue, Johnny Silverhand will spawn. Let him finish talking, no dialogues to pick here.
Talk to the cops
Return to the cops. Now to succeed the mission and not fail it, you must make a specific choice:
- “I visited Andrew’s grave” –> IMPORTANT: Must pick this for a positive outcome.
This will make the cops understand that Barry needs help and the male cop will realize he made fun of Barry too often and that’s why he stopped sharing his personal life with him.
Check on Barry
The cops will walk over the Barry’s door. Barry will now open up and accept their help. A happy outcome!
If you hadn’t made the correct choices, then Barry would no longer be alive and in this scenario it would have failed the quest.
This finishes Happy Together side quest job in Cyberpunk 2077 (CP77) successfully with a positive outcome.
For all other Quest Walkthroughs, check out the complete Cyberpunk 2077 Walkthrough.