The Streetkid is the 1st main story mission in Cyberpunk 2077 (CP77). It’s the Prologue if you chose the Streetkid Lifepath. This walkthrough will guide you through all objectives, paths, dialogues, choices and endings of The Streetkid Main Job.
Quest Giver: Pepe
Requirement: Pick Streetkid Lifepath at the start of the game to get this as your starting mission
Mission Info: Hows it feel bein’ back home, V? C’com, admit it – you missed Heywood. What, between all the dealers, hookers and total lack of opportunities, it’s got its charm, don’t it? You’re born in Heywood, you die in Heywood. Unless you’re one of the lucky ones, that is. What about you, mano? That include you?
If there was an ad for Night City, it’d have Kirk’s dumb, grinning face on it. He’s slick, thinks he’s smarter than he really is and is kind of an asshole, but whenever you call him, he’s got the next Big Job that’ll rake in millions – like stealing a car from a secure parking garage. ‘Cause obviously the millionaires of the future are sitting in the Coyote Cojo scarfing down chili burgers… right?
- Find Kirk on the second floor
- Talk to Kirk
- Leave the bar
- Go to Embers
- Talk to Padre
- Get in Padre’s car
- Ride with Padre to Embers
- Take the elevator to the garage
- Find the Rayfield
- Find Rick. [Optional]
- Disable the locks using Kirk’s device
- Get in the car
- Steal the Rayfield
- Talk to the police officers
- Talk to Jackie
Starting Location: The Streetkid
Find Kirk on the second floor
After finishing character creation you are talking to Pepe in a bar.
- [Set broken nose]
- [Knock back shot] > Optional, doesn’t do anything specific.
- Got trouble? > Both options have the same outcome
- Spit it out.
- [Stand] I’ll talk to Kirk. > Ends the conversation
- You ever gonna learn? > Optional, doesn’t do anything specific.
After fixing your nose, he asks you for some help dealing with a character named Kirk. Go up to the second floor of the bar to find him.
Talk to Kirk
Interact with Kirk to talk to him, then again to sit down. He proposes you steal a car for him in exchange for clearing Pepe’s debt. The dialogue you pick here doesn’t matter, you end up agreeing to help no matter what.
- Hey, Kirk. Wanna talk.
- [Sit] Heard about you and Pepe.
- Cut him a break.
- What’s he owe? > Optional, doesn’t do anything specific.
- What’s your deal? > Makes Big Joe stop staring at you.
- I’ll owe you one. > Both options have the same outcome
- You avoid trouble.
- [Take screamsheet] And…?
- What’s this? > Optional
- [Put down paper] Not sure I can pull it off. > Both options have the same outcome
- [Put down paper] I do this and the debt’s paid?
- Car’s security – how do I get around it?
- Who owns this ride? > All 3 optional
- Honestly, shit plan.
- And your man Rick…?
- [Take device and stand] Agreed. > Both options have the same outcome, ends the conversation.
- [Take device and stand] Better keep your word.
Leave the bar
After finishing the conversation, leave the bar out of the marked door downstairs.
Go to Embers
Walk around to the front of the building.
Talk to Padre
Out front, you’re stopped by Padre.
- Got back a few weeks ago.
- You haven’t changed a bit. > Optional
- Heywood hasn’t changed a bit. > Optional
Get in Padre’s car
Padre insists on talking to you now, so get into the car when prompted and you’ll go for a bit of a drive with him.
Ride with Padre to Embers
- Getting by.
- Nothing much has changed here.
- Went there without expectations. > Both options have the same outcome.
- No, it didn’t.
You will shortly be stopped by a gang member on the street. You can interrupt during the conversation if you want, or stay silent.
- Got any idea who you’re talking to? > Timed dialogue
- Who was that? > Timed dialogue
- [Take card] This your number?
Take the elevator to the garage
After the ride is done Padre gives you his number, then you hop out of the car. Follow the marker to the elevator, then take it down to the parking garage.
Find the Rayfield
Go down the hallway, then out into the parking garage.
Find Rick [Optional]
If you want to before going into the garage proper, go to the right side and talk to Rick in the booth. Speak to him, and he turns the cameras in the parking garage off for you.
- Kirk sent me. > Both options have the same outcome.
- You Rick?
Go to the back left of the garage to the lit VIP spot, where you can find the car waiting.
Disable the locks using Kirk’s device
When prompted, use the device on the car to disable the alarm and unlock it.
Get in the Car / Steal the Rayfield
Get in the car, then you’ll be stopped by someone – that someone is “Jackie”, one of the main protagonists.
- [Gun it] > Both options have the same outcome.
- Easy now…
Police will arrive and stop you from escaping.
Talk to the police officers
- Not familiar with yours. > Timed dialogue, both options have the same outcome.
- Whaddaya know – a talkative pig.
- You know fuck all about me. > Timed dialogue, both options have the same outcome.
- What now?
After the dialogue is done, you will be knocked out.
Talk to Jackie
After waking up you’ll be talking to Jackie.
- Stints wouldn’t do that. > Both options have the same outcome.
- Same here.
- Unlikely it woulda worked anyway. > Both options have the same outcome.
- Nah, all my fault.
- Mhm, Coyote’s where I got this job, in fact.
- Welles? Name’s familiar. > Optional
- We buddies all of a sudden? > Both options have the same outcome.
- [Get up] Let’s get movin’. > End conversation.
Respond how you want, then you’ll get a cutscene showing Jackie and V’s budding friendship, and this story mission will be complete.
This finishes The Streetkid main quest in Cyberpunk 2077 (CP77). Now the next quest The Rescue becomes available.
For all other Quest Walkthroughs, check out the complete Cyberpunk 2077 Walkthrough.